So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Friday, October 28, 2005

llama gloves

Yep, have done it. Have bought my first pair of llama-decorated items......aaaggghhh. But I have an excuse. Am currently in Uyuni before heading off on a 4 day tour of the salt plains and surrounding countryside later this morning and it is meant to be rather cold at night. So obviously me not being much of a planner on this trip doesnt think about it until i get here and hence the purchase of some gloves with llamas on this morning in an attempt to stop my fingers dropping off. And have also had to buy some white socks (god, what is happening) as I have somehow got down to 3 pairs of socks (one pair more hole than sock) which i didnt think would make me v popular on a 4 day trip!

Have also survived my first long bolivian bus trip (10 hours, with an hour wait in the middle) and it really wasnt as bad as everyone has made out. Lots of pretty scenery, a lunch stop where i discovered the delights of stuffed potatoes (mashed potato balls with bits of egg, carrott and other loveliness in the middle and then fried....yum) and an entertaining half an hour trying to explain how my ipod works to the interested local next to me (dont really know in england so lots of "well, the music is on the computer, then there is a cable and the music gets moved to the ipod)! He then decided to be my friend and started quizzing me on england.....know shockingly little about how big we are etc and how to describe the major crops of england in spanish (spanish for oil seed rape anyone!!)

Right, have to go and find some space for all my snacks (shops with mars bars here, yippee...and the book said uyuni was like an apocolyptic town, ha, bet they dont have mars bars after the apocolypse) in my day bag and prepare myself for 4 days in a 4x4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home