So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Monday, October 24, 2005

Finally out!

Woke up to clear skies, prayed to whatever god would have me that the flight would take off, and thankfully at 10.30 we were airborn and at 11.30 we were in La Paz. Hallelijah. Did get v nice view of jungle though ..... its huge!!!

As i think i have wittered on about previously, I have decided to skip the monkeys and the walking and head straight down to Sucre to see dinosaur footprints (am ridiculously excited about this prospect!) Unfortunately both flights to Sucre (yep, am flashpacking. when the choice is a 19hr bus ride on buses that were condemmed 25yrs ago or a 35 pound, 40min flight, its not a hard decision) had already left by the time I arrived in La Paz (you have to wonder why both companies have flights to Sucre within 30mins of each other....although its bolivia so maybe not) so have a free day in La Paz, which is annoying but at least its sunny. And have been consoling myself by eating lovely food, buying cds and checking into nice hotel with cable tv. Got v excited about watching melrose place....yep, thats the level I have fallen too.

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of "Caroline gets delayed in Bolivia"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home