So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Friday, January 28, 2005

¡Hace Calor!

yep, after my constant moaning that i am too cold, i am now in Leon where it is absolutely baking hot!!! luckily it isn´t humid so i can cope, but we have decided that siestas are definately the way forwards

had v fun night last night. We had pretty much exhausted what there is to do in Esteli, done the internet thing and weren´t yet hungry so decided a quick pre-dinner drink was in order. So found nice bar with patio overlooking the square and ordered the obligatory rum (with soda, as advised by a friendly local). There we were expecting a single shot with mixer when along comes the waitress with a 1/4 bottle, ice, lime and a couple of bottles of soda water for our very own cocktail party!!! Burst out laughing to the amusement of the bar and insisted we would just have a couple and save the rest. Unsurprisingly 3 1/2 hours later we wobbled out the bar with an empty bottle of flor de cana (andy, you were so right, best rum ever!). and then caused mayhem in the local pizza place. But the local was right, rum and soda = no hangover the next morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Unlucky. I haven't managed to get a tick for years.

29/1/05 7:05 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I didn't even realize there were places where ticks didn't exist. I have to pull them off my dog all the time, myself some of the time. No big deal.

It sounds like you're years away from being a little nervous the night before leaving England, though.

30/1/05 1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home