So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Monday, January 10, 2005

Bank chaos

Yes, have just managed to cause chaos in the only bank on the island. Well, chaos is probably a little strong, but I failed to realised that the (never ending) queue is meant to follow a line of slightly darker tiles on the floor (somewhat like the yellow brick road but without being yellow). This caused much consternation! I also managed to get myself in a huff about old people pushing in the queue....until i saw a sign saying people of the third age (!) and pregnant women dont have to wait. This should have made me feel bad, but instead I just got crosser.....yes I am a bad person but I have also just had to stand in line for 65 mins to withdraw some much needed money. After the first half hour I would happily have made a one legged 95 year old wait in line behind me if it meant i might have actually been served sometime today!

Also managed to cause much hilarity at a 'pub' quiz we went to last night on account of being inutterably crap. given that between the four of us we had 6 degrees and had to a significant proportion of the world's countries we still only managed to get 4 / 10 in the first and 3/10 in teh second round. However, am happy to report a successful comeback to end up joint 2nd (out of 6!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home