So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Monday, January 03, 2005

the lonely planet lies

Not sure what to do anymore, my bible is no longer all truthful and nothing is where it is meant to be here (am now in small town of Copan)

Apart from this, nothing much to report today. Had hideous bus journey next to NZer from hell (who I am trying to avoid now, v difficult in such a small town) and then saw amazing Mayan ruins. Best bit was probably this site about 1km further out where all the rich people lived. I was the only person there and managed to somehow obtain a free guide. Unfortunately he could only speak spanish but hey, in an onions-style he was free so its all good. And I got the gist - lots of beds that would have been red

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline,
Great to hear you're having a fantastic time. Make sure you get rid of the NZer - maybe poke their eyes out next time you seem them. So far it's sounding much like a holiday. I think you need [close your eyes, parents] an adventure!

4/1/05 6:02 AM

 
Blogger Jezabeth said...

Hi Onions

Never believe everything you read in the press.

Try and get some local Mayans to sacrifice this NZer on one of those altars they've got lying around.

5/1/05 3:42 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Yes, even though we no longer live together we can still share a piece of cyberspace. I have added you as a link to my blog, so we really can be blogger buddies. Hope you're enjoying yourself babe.
xx

8/1/05 7:58 AM

 
Blogger Katie said...

In Argentina, we started to call the Lonely Planet the new and witty name of "the Lonely Bas*&rd". It does lie and it deserves to be lonely.

8/1/05 8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home