So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Friday, December 24, 2004

9 days to go

So, I have somehow managed to set up my very own blog thing to let me converse with the world at large (or 5 of my closest friends and family at any rate) as I potter my way around central america over the next 4 months. Who knew I could be so competant at something related to computers.....

Anyway, today was my last day in London and I am completely worn out after partying too much over the last month and a particularly emotional night last night with way too much red wine and amazing friends. Began to wonder what I was doing leaving all this behind....until the realisation hit that I dont have to go to work again for the next year. Suddenly the world seemed a little brighter and what I was doing made way more sense! And when it comes down to it, it still doesn't feel quite real that I am now an unemployed waster, technically living at home with the parents at the age of 26 and that in 9 days I will be flying to Guatemala. Just have to ignore everyone who tells me how brave I am, a statement seemingly specifically designed to scare the shit out of me......

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Did I hear someone say "unemployed waster"? Oh, so much fun. I have had a job for precisely 5 days now, I already hate it and am bewildered by the fact that I have to go to work tomorrow morning. Be in no hurry to return, and have a wonderful time away O'Nions.

28/12/04 7:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home