So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Friday, January 14, 2005

And it rains, and it rains

Am not a happy bunny. Decided to leave utila this afternoon as it was still raining and thought i would spend a few days in La Ceiba. However, weather is also terrible in La Ceiba - we even have flooded streets with floating cars!- so am escaping from my dodgy hotel and going to stay in a jungle lodge for a couple of days. Its raining there too but at least it is in prettier surroundings and i am going white water rafting tommorrow (www.omegatours.hn). As the lodge guy said, its all there is to do at the moment! And worst of all, my much looked foward to trip to the Moskita wilderness on Monday may be cancelled due to the horrid weather. Ah well, guess it gives me longer in other places but am a bit gutted. Please everyone think nice thoughts about the weather and pray for it to clear up by sunday

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I fully agree with Vicki & am also very envious of the adventures. I just have to keep remembering that I have had mine and am now being sensible and getting my credit card back down to 0. Grrrrr. Love you.

16/1/05 11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home