So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

caroline gets certified

Yep, am now a certified diver and am free to take off into the wide blue ocean (with buddy!) up to a depth of 18m. All very exciting. Things were rather touch and go yesterday though as my first proper dive into the ocean was rather traumatic with me having a (characteristic) lack of control over my body and managing to nearly sit on the only seahorse in the vacinity (and which everyone gets very excited about seeing)! Then messed up my bouyancy a bit later in the dive and started floating away. Really started to panic at that point as i have this irrational fear about floating away in space and dying up there and it was bit like that. So burst into tears after the dive and didnĀ“t really want to do another one but made myself and the other 3 dives were somewhat less eventful! Unfortunately I was still rather clumsy above water and managed to slip rather spectacularly on the boat and now have a massive bruise on my arse and on my foot. Am physical wreck!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home