So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Back in action

I have missed my little blog and now that i have my very own shiny computer at home, i thought i would start waffling my way through my life again. Unfortunately all the amusing "oh i am back home and look how strange everything is" nad "oh my god, i am temping for a living" moments have been and gone whilst stranded in Clapham with no internet access (was easier to get on the internet in Cuba, which is saying a lot) but will try and have interesting snippets for you - well for myself really as i am sure whatever readers i did have will well and truly have buggered off by now!

So this weekend's exciting event has been the swift and unpredicted conversion of me into computer geek extrodinaire. Picked up my lovely new computer up from home on Friday and pretty much since then I have been fiddling around sorting out my ipod / itunes (and discovering podcasts - amazing - have downloaded lots of spanish to listen to on the tube), getting speakers to work and generally arsing around. before long i will be princess pink of some strange internet fantasy based game with no real friends and a final written warning from work.

And on that subject, after a brief foray into being a medical secretary (yes, we all laughed) and a PA in the civil service (put me off a job there for good) am now back in the very job i swore blind i would not go back to - yep, am now a service manager in a large teaching hospital....just this one is in a deprived area in east london (whitechapel to be precise) and not in south london so has the added bonus of extra travel time. So far so good with nice boss and funky office friend, but its only 2 weeks in so might have to give it a bit more time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this really count as back in action hon?!

24/5/06 11:28 AM

 
Blogger C, T and Piglet said...

yes well, realised my life wasn't really all that interesting back in good old blighty!!!

4/6/06 4:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home