So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

one of my new favourite places

Now in the little village of Villa La Angostura (second day here) and loving it. Its a really cute place, on the lake adn surrounded by mountains. Plus am staying in a lovely homely hostal so I dont want to leave. Unfortunately I have to tommorrow as i am on a flight to BsAs but there you go!

So today went on the obligatory outing which is a mountain bike ride through the national park. Now this is the first time I have been mountain biking where some lovely person in a 4 x 4 hasnt dropped me off at the top of the aforementioned mountain. So whilst I wasnt scaling mount everest on bike, it was quite up and down-y, with, it felt like, far more ups that downs. But the downs more than made up for it, being a lot of fun whizzing though the woods and trying not to kill myself jumping (ish!) over tree roots and storming through mud patches. Thinking I might do some more of this when I get home but only if I get some nice person with a 4x4 to drive me to the top! But back to the point, the park was beautiful and peaceful with lagoons that kept sneaking up on me forcing me to take nurmerous rests and then the special trees (the name escapes me!) at the end which the park is protecting are beautiful with twisted trunks and a lovely cinammon colour. Then to cap it all off, I had a lovely boat ride back looking at mountains (no way was i cycling home!), a swim in the lake and then a smiley happy bike ride back to the hostal where i ate lots of yummy ice cream! Bliss

But as of tommorrow, its goodbye mountains (and surprisingly hot, sunburn causing heat), hello buenos aires and shopping and humidity! Then home. How strange is that

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Just like what I have been doing in Scotland, except without the sun! I walked up Ben Nevis on Saturday (and back down again in 6 and a half hours) with not a view in sight due to much Scottish fog. Plus, I guess you shouldn't have been writing a management essay instead....feel a little guilty about this as I now try to cram a subject I know next to nothing about into a 3000 word blether, in only 3 days. Yee.

12/12/05 2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home