So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Monday, November 14, 2005

Mendoza

Survived my first really long bus journey ... 4 hrs to salta, 3 hr wait, 18hr bus ride to Mendoza ... but it was touch and go for a while. The dvd player broke down so couldnt see the end of the movie i was watching (it was only Hitch, awful movie with Will Smith, but better than sitting there staring at the chair in front!), the food was bad and the tea came ready sweetened with about half a kilo of sugar, but we did get to play a game of bingo which cheered me up no end!

But luckily at the end of this hell (and i had heard so much good stuff about Argentinian buses!) I arrived in Mendoza which is a little bit of heaven. The hostal has a pool, its really hot and the people here are lovely, so have decided to stay here for the week and do some more spanish.....good excuse just to stay put for a while! Unfortunately this does not lead to me having exciting adventures and interesting tales for the blog, but i am getting a good tan, I am sure you will all be ecstatic to hear. Anyway, have to go and pretend to study by the pool now

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline! Where are you? Haven't had any news in a week. Am starting to worry that all the sun by the pool has caused amnesia.
amanda

21/11/05 5:16 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

You mean you didn't stay in Salta...the place I got hooked on for 10 whole days!

23/11/05 8:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home