So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Harumph

Well, its nice to know i am loved and missed! But the reason that I havnt been writing is that the last week has been spent in a hedonistic, nocturnal way making up for the distinct lack of partying i have been doing for the last month. This obviously has been great for me (but not my liver), but not all that exciting for you lovely people back home to read about.....given that a huge amount of my time has been spent in bed / on a seat on the terrace / dancing in a club!

But if you really want to know...... So, in between all the ice cream and steak, the lovely boys at the chillhouse have been showing us all around the coolest (well in my mind at least) nightclubs in town...although they do have a passion for trance / electronica so have had my fill of that! Whats interesting to tell you........hmmmm........ there are lots of beautiful peoples in buenos aires...... the women like to give you the once over and unfortunately my beloved green haviana flip flops usually dont pass muster........and the spanish here is just ridiculous....not only do they have a daft accent but have discovered that they also use a whole new verb tense....lovely.

But now rachel has arrived to save me from the boy-inspired laziness (until sunday there was only me and the boys - urgh) and we have been doing lots of walking and eating. Unfortunately due to a combination of extreme sidetracking to eat a lot and being generally disorganised we have managed to fail spectacularly at acheiving anything we set out to do, apart from gorge ourselves! So missed the 11am tour of the theater despite setting the alarm for 2 hours early , failed to find a guidebook to argentina or a ballet show and our only success (getting on a free guided tour round the government house) was marred slightly by us failing to realise the tour would be conducted in spanish....grr. Unfortunately we only ever understood the same bits, so were of bugger all help to each other. On the positive side, we had a very nice chat with the man who works in my sandwich shop and met 2 people in the hostal today who have organised us to go to the football tommorrow....hurrah!

1 Comments:

Blogger C, T and Piglet said...

becs and fran....the reason i have new friends is that they arent mean to me! have written lovely long blog for you with photos and everything! and where are your e-mails to me i might add!!!!

6/10/05 11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home