So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Sunday, September 25, 2005

I see tall people

Am now in buenos aires and am loving all the tall, glam people everywhere....really is v lovely. I have booked myself into a really small hostal in what appears to be the notting hill area of buenos aires and had a real job not to bankrupt myself when i went for a wander yesterday...some v beautiful shoe and handbag boutiques around (have given up on beautiful clothes as all the women here are about a size 2!)

Anyway, made mum pround walked my socks off yesterday getting my bearings, and mastering the underground at the same time - i had pretty good wanders round the 3 key areas and staggered back into the hostal at about 6! And today, after recovering from last night, has been spent chilling out in San Telmo. Its known as the tango centre of BA and on Sunday has an arts and crafts / antiques market with lots of music / street art etc so it was lovely to wander round. Saw some amazing tango in the street (and now have conflicting...really want to learn, but it looks really complicated!) and heard some fab music, tango music is just so haunting. Then decided i needed to rest so wandered over to Boca which is a bit of the beaten track, collapsed in a park and then spent the next couple of hours listening to all these groups who set up in the park.....and we arent talking 2 guys and a guitar, these groups were prepared with drums kits, serious loudspeakers etc, one group even set a stage up! and as far as i could tell, it wasnt a special festival, just people playing. Really has been a v lovely afternoon. Got myself sorted for some more spanish lessons next week but it is going to be hard to give up pĆ³ttering!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home