So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

voy a compras!

In other words, i have gone shopping! After being marooned in the shop-free (well, interesting shops) world that is most of ecuador, I have gone on a bit of a shopping spree this morning, mostly buying up Ecuadors supply of cds. Its legal to copy discs here so they are only a dollar - hurah! Have now got a sizeable latin music library to see me through the cold winter days when i finally make it back to the uk. More importantly though, have bought dirty dancing DVD for the bargin price of $2. Am v happy girly. Just have to worry about how to fit it all in my backpack, although this worry has been partially alleviated by the happy news from the travel agent here that I am allowed 30kg of luggage (hurrah - had been working on 20kg which was going to be an extreme push, if not impossible!)

was planning on going to crepes and waffles for the best salad in ecuador, but the heavens have now opened so think its a good excuse to stay here and catch up on my woefully behind e-mails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home