So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

ole ole ole ole

last night was football night in Quito and much fun it was too. managed to get my pockets picked on the bus there but didnt have much on me so not too bad, and apart from that, the evening was a success. We won 4-3, I learnt lots of new spanish (mostly malas palabras - or swear words to the non fluent spanish speakers out there!) and we chanted and danced lots. The whole evening wasnt quite as much fun as brazil as there was nowhere near the amount of music / noise / flags / fireworks etc, but the crowd did do a nice line in setting fire to the free newspapers and there were a respectable number of fireworks being let off far too close for comfort so they didnt embarass themselves too much!

Tonight we have somehow managed to arrange to cook dinner for all our friends here so come 6pm we will be slaving away over fajitas and guacamole....yum. Naturally I wont be taking any leading part in the whole cooking thing, but will do a nice line in chopping vegetables!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home