So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Just call me surfer girl

Well yesterday I had my first go on a surfboard ever and i think it is fair to say that I have neither the agility, balance nor strength to actually be any good, but did manage to sort of stand up once and had a fab time in the process. Definately want to get some more in while I am over here...new aims for the holiday now are to be able to stand up on a board, and be able to carry one whilst looking cool, rather than like I am about either whack myself or drop it. Do need to get stronger though as my muscles are killing me today. Was planning on going back out today but there is now way I could even lift a board right now let alone paddle one (cant even reach up to put sun tan lotion on my shoulders at the moment)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Caroline, You don't know me but my wife Jennie is your cousin. I'm sitting here in Hampshire with your Aunty Pam next to me (who is totally confused by the internet technology) and reading about your adventures. Sounds great to me, wish I was there too - Jennie and I were in Mexico, Guatemala and Belize last summer and have also been to Costa Rica so the places all sound familiar. Kathryn, our daughter did a similar trip to yours 3 years ago from Ecuador to Alaska so was interested in your adventure - she did her diving qualification at the same place as you. Your Aunty Pam is not so sure and I think she is about to send The Marines out to rescue you!! Enjoy the rest of your trip, look forward to seeing you at your sister's wedding in May. Best wishes, Peter, Pam and Jennie.

6/3/05 8:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home