So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Thursday, February 24, 2005

sandblasted

so today after class i went to a beach a few kms up the road as i had heard it was lovely and had vague notions about learning to surf! However, when i got there thew waves were (apparently) crap for surfing, and the place lacked a surf rental shop so i resorted to (actually my preferred) option 2 of sunbathing. So found myself a nice spot on the completely deserted beach (had gone round the corner from the bar filled with disappointed surfers to avoid the girl in a fishbowl feeling) only to then spend the next 3 hours getting sandblasted periodically from the hellishly strong gusts of wind! Did managed to find a relatively shaded bit so coped (!!) and now have v exfoliated skin. Also saw hundreds and hundreds of hermit crabs for (i think) the first time in my life. It was just incredible to watch all these shells moving about on the sand, and they seem to sense vibration as whenever i got close, they would stop moving and drop down so they just looked like shells. Very cool!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Judy said...

I found your blog through the "next blog" random button. Looks like you are having a great adventure. Thanks for providing me with vicarious travel thrills! Enjoy the rest of your adventure!

23/2/05 10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home