So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Monday, February 21, 2005

studying and surfing

well, less of the surfing....just pretending to be surfer chick with my lovely tan and sun -bleached blonde hair as am now in surfer capital of nicaragua! Was going to learn to surf here but apparently the surf isn´t very good right now (cant see why not, there are waves, but apparently you need more than just waves....as you can prob tell, not doingv well on integrating into surfer lifestyle) so have enrolled myself in a spanish school for a week. 4 hours 1-1 tuition for the next 5 days---must be mad! Certainly felt less than energised when i got to school today after a horrid nights sleep c/o dorm living and after 4 hours of learning the past tense and being forced to speak spanish i just wanted to crawl into bed and never wake up. But if i am ever going to get fluent (or rather, my new goal of being not entirely incomprehensible) in spanish, i am going to have to endure the torment! And this way i get to stay put in one place for a while. My hostel even has a kitchen so stocked up on fruit and veg and indulged myself in salad and melon for lunch. now theres a phrase that doesn´t often come out of my mouth!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jezabeth said...

Snowing here today. Only just realised that having saved your blog page I kept returning to the same post you made in January: ie 'The Lonely Planet Lies' and missed an entire month of your globetrotting memoirs!! Was worried you'd been abducted by a plantation owner or something. Have just been 'peru'-sing your adventures since and have to say I am mightily jealous of the sun & fun you're having! Wish I was there! I have finally bought a car since our last communique: a 1.8 stylish slate grey VW Scirocco which is nice and quick. Sam & Spencer have returned from their honeymoon now and are STILL together so things are looking rosy for them right now. I'll post a pic of the happy couple now I know you're online again...

23/2/05 6:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home