So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Caroline was rather stupid!

On yesterday´s bus ride i was rather stupid and managed to get my bag with all my money, cards and travellers cheques in stolen! please let this be a lesson to everyone..... follow your mother´s advice and always actually WEAR your moneybelt rather than just using it as a convenient way to keep everything together in your bag!

Luckily I was with Reema and Chris who lent me money so i could survive and mastercard are sending out an emergency card, plus a v early morning call to my ever fab mum has resulted in me having cash via western union (so many firsts on this journey!). So its all going to be ok.....fingers crossed!

Anyway, this does mean that I get to spend a few days in a seemingly unpromising costa rican port town. But there is a fiesta on, it has a beach, is hot and as there are virtually no white people, the locals are soooo friendly and its really cheap. Have own room with tv for $6! such bliss after dorm living. In penance for my stupidity am going to study spanish every day (if you believe that you´ll believe anything) and have started by watching 2 movies (with spanish subtitles) this afternoon

This entry is to make all of you in cold, wintery england be glad thats exactly where you are!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ghost of Goldwater said...

I found your blog accidentally in late December and have been following your exploits ever since - I check in daily for updates. You write well and the material is amusing, so please keep it coming!

27/2/05 9:55 AM

 
Blogger Jezabeth said...

Oh bugger!
What a crappy thing to happen. You don't sound too put off by it though as I'm guessing everything's been cancelled. Don't be suprised if someone's assumed our identity and got you married to the dictator of a central African republic in order to obtain a British passport!

27/2/05 6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home