So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Hurrah

At last, i have money, I have an assurance from Thomas Cook that I will have money waiting for me in Cuba, and i have my tourist visa. Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah. Feeling positively organised for once! SPeaking of Thomas Cook, I now seem to have got myself onto a blacklist of angry customers as I think I was put through to a supervisor this morning when I phoned...hee hee! Quite glad really as at least I am finally managing to talk to someone who can do things.....well, I say that but we will have to wait until Havana to check that there is money there for me!

So after so efficiently sorting that out before 10am, I now find myself with a fun day to kill in David. But what to do.....shop in second hand shops, go to macdonalds, sit in the plaza.....as you can probably tell, David is not the most exciting place in the world! Half of me thinks I should go to the hot springs but when I am this hot and sweaty already, it seems somewhat foolish to go and make myself hotter and wetter and pay for the priviledge!

But anyway, small boredoms aside, am unbelievably excited about Cuba (leave on Tuesday) despite Fidel's seemingly growing desire to make my life difficult (damn him and his ideologies!!!) First I cant bring in dollars, then he tells cubans they cant have unneccessary contact with foreigners (hopefully that doesn't exclude salsa although i suspect i may have to satisfy my salsa craving with other tourists - urgh) and now as of 9th April, he has altered the exchange rate so money is worth 8% less (or something, got a bit lost after reading posts on the lonely planet thorn tree). But these minor details aside, I am gearing up for what hopefully will be my best adventure yet......if only for the 20hr bus journey I am going to have to take at somepoint....may yet decide to chance it with the trains which only theoretically leave!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home