So after discovering I can live without hairdryers/cadburys/heat magazine and having developed a killer tan that doesn't seem to fade (whilst failing to find the meaning of life but deciding its unimportant and far more fun to comare rums of different countries) I have decided to spend some time wandering round south america. Will I ever come back to work....will I get fluent in Spanish....will i get new blogger friends....find out here!

Monday, July 04, 2005

bad day cont

so for some reason the keyboard stopped working! But in short, went to LP recommended hostel that was safe and clean! felt rather dubious when i pulled up outside but i was tired so checked in. But then 15mins after sitting on the bed worrying and having one of those what the hell am i doingtravelling moments, ran away (despite much pleading by hostal owner) and as was so upset (for some random reason!)checked myself into a nice posh travel lodge type hotel....for only $30 seemed worth it!

Anyway, now in Quito, have met my family for the next few months and they seem really nice, if a little mad and over protective of me, Quito itself seems a little unpromising at the moment but have been given the grand tour of all churches in the vacinity (with much excplination about each saint / prayer etc) so can categorically say that the churches are very beautiful! Also think it will all be a lot more copable with when i have a good nights sleep and i have my first day at class....god what was i doing signing up for a month...its going to kill me!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home